Pages

Monday, November 21, 2016

Professional Learning Networks

Throughout this course, I feel that twitter has been one of the most useful tools in creating a professional learning network.  Twitter has allowed me to look at various math teaching ideas and techniques to use in the classroom.  Also, I am able to keep current with math news or discoveries that I can use as an anticipatory set in the classroom.  I feel that this blog has been useful in putting my ideas out there for everyone to read.  I also like how we can respond and comment on other blogs.  It really allows a sense of community of various thoughts and ideas.  Digg was also a very good tool to do blog searches and keep everything organized.  I used Digg to help me look up "Middle School Math" ideas that other teachers have tried in their classrooms.  It is a great way to keep up with the math teaching community.

I want to experiment with Twitter in my classroom.  I see that this can be a very valuable tool to communicate with my students and for my students to be able to get instant feedback from their ideas.  Twitter is a wonderful way for my students to build a community with a common goal.  I image to use Twitter to respond to important math events that may come up.  I can also post a question requiring students to respond in a certain time.  However, my concern is that not all students may have access to this technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment