Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Affinity Groups

Classroom 2.0 is a great affinity group resource.  I really like how it has different forums for groups of educators and students.  It is a great way to communicate and look up different ideas.  I also enjoyed looking at the different forums that have many topics related to education.

After a few weeks of looking through the Digg Stream, I found that it can sometimes be helpful and useful.  I have seen many different ideas and resources from different educators.  The nice thing with Digg is that there are many different ideas from different teachers of different backgrounds.  For example, I found a lot of resources that have hands on activities for fractions.  My 6th grade students really struggle with fractions, and it would be very practical to use in my classroom. 

Question 1: How can Digg Stream be used as a resource for my students?

Answer 1: I can use Digg Stream as a resource for struggling students.  I have students that really fear and dislike fractions.  Digg Stream is a wonderful way for more exposure and practice for students.  Also, students can find more practical ways to use fractions and view fractions in their daily lives.  Once students find practicality for important math ideas, they become more connected to the ideas and theory of mathematics. 

Question 2:  What if you can’t find a specific topic?


Answer 2: Affinity groups are made of a like-minded community.  The nice thing with affinity groups is that it is easy to search for specific ideas.  I did find that it may be difficult at times to get the exact topic or content, but in general, if you dig around a little, it is easy to find many different resources to use.  

No comments:

Post a Comment